Tuesday 15 January 2013

Half Brother - Little M's review

Half Brother by Kenneth Oppel
 
Half Brother by Kenneth Oppel
 
Half Brother was a book I couldn't put down not even to finish a review I was doing; not even to go and tidy my room. It is so sad and funny at the same time that you can cry from both.

Half Brother is about a family and a chimpanzee who are brought together by the dad's science experiment. He wants to teach the chimp to talk; to be able to talk in sign language.

I recommended it to my mum and said, "You must read it. You will love it." (That's not something I say with every book I love.) I finished it in two days. That is how good it is. I recommend this book to everyone.

I loved Half Brother because I liked how when everything went wrong, Ben still went looking.


Publication details: 2011, David Fickling, Oxford, paperback
This copy: my own; Christmas prezzie

3 comments:

  1. Interesting review! I can't remember what I did now with my copy of this book, might have to pull it out.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Little M, it's been a while since I read this one but I really enjoyed it. Such an interesting idea for a story!

    Unfortunately this book doesn't count towards the British Books Challenge because Kenneth Oppel is Canadian but I'm glad you enjoyed the book :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! We'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment. You need to fill out the word captcha too because of spam. Your comment will be visible after approval.