Thursday 18 October 2012

Scarlet - Little M's review


Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen

Scarlet - AC Gaughen

Scarlet is about a girl called Will Scarlet. Some people know her as Will and some people know her as Scarlet. She is a thief, an outlaw, and is part of Robin Hood’s band. She is determined to forget her past and remain unknown to the villagers as a girl. She is known as a boy to most people except the band. She must save Robin Hood from Lord Gisbourne and protect the villagers from the sheriff.

I thought Scarlet was very different to other books I’ve read. It was different because the dialogue was written in dialect that I have not read in books before. Also, I have never read a book where a girl pretends to be a boy or vice verse.

I really, really, really loved Scarlet. I hope A.C. Gaughen writes another one to do with this. I love books and TV programmes to do with Robin Hood and his band.

I would recommend this book to kids above the age of 11 or 12 because some of the events may disturb them because of the violence. The violence didn’t disturb me though.
 

Publication details:
Bloomsbury, June 2012, London, paperback

 This copy: received for review from the publisher

1 comment:

  1. Lovely review, Little M! I love stories and programmes about the Robin Hood legend as well. And I really enjoyed this book, glad you did as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! We'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment. You need to fill out the word captcha too because of spam. Your comment will be visible after approval.