What's Going On? - our news update. It includes books we've received, giveaway winners, events and anything yummy we think you'd like to know about. Or that we want to shout about. So.....
Winners of A Stallion Called Midnight by Victoria Eveleigh, our first giveaway, are:
Please can you e-mail or DM (Twitter) us with your postal address. This will be given to Orion Children's Books who will post your book to you directly.
Now Is the Time For Running – Michael Williams (Tamarind)
- A story about escpaing from the war in Zimbabwe; very interested to read this.
These next 5 titles are all part of the new Vintage Children's Classics range that is launching in November and we're excited to be doing a special feature with these books throughout August. We have a few very distinguished guests coming to surprise us all on this one too:
- Swallows and Amazons – Arthur Ransome (Vintage Classics)
- I Capture the Castle – Dodie Smith (Vintage Classics)
- The Silver Sword - Ian Serraillier(Vintage Classics)
- The Wolves of Willoughby Chase - Joan Aiken (Vintage Classics)
- Emil and the Detectives - Erich Kastner (Vintage Classics)
Party Disaster – Sue Limb (Bloomsbury)
- This one was a surprise; the author is compared to Louise Rennison (whom we've never read) and it looks like it's funny and about boys, girls, chocolate and parties.
Blog of the MonthWe're very pleased to be featured as the Blog of the Month for July by Sunshine Smile Publications - a children's publishing resource.
CongratulationsTo Annabel Pitcher who won the Brandford Boase award for her debut novel My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece.
Next weekWe're heading off for We Sat Down's first ever face-to-face author interview. Rain, rain, go away......